The Home Pet Care & Pet Sitting service allows your pets to stay in the familiarity and safety of their own home when you have to be away. This is especially economical for multiple pet homes and it's a great alternative to boarding, where pets are often stressed and run the risk of getting sick.
Pets That I Care For:
- Dogs and cats
- Birds (large and small)
- Hobby farm animals – chickens, horses, goats, etc.
- Small mammals – guinea pigs, rabbits, rats, hamsters, ferrets, gerbils
- Snakes and other reptiles and amphibians
- Base Rate: $15 for up to 30 minutes ($15 minimum)
- Rates are based upon the amount of time I spend at your residence, regardless of the type of pet or pets you have and what you would like for me to do for them.
- Exact rate will be determined at the initial Get Aquainted Meeting.
- Rates increase slightly depending upon the distance to your home.
- Rates for overnight stays at your home, 10 hour maximum, (example: 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM):
- $50.00 for one dog
- Each additional dog - $5.00
- $50.00 for cats, UNLESS they live with dogs, in which case there is no additional charge
- Holiday Rates: Add 50% per visit. Holidays include New Year’s Eve and Day, Christmas Eve and Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
- Key Return or Pick Up (unless pick up is at initial Get-Acquainted Meeting): $15
Visits may involve:
- A short dog walk and feeding morning or evening
- A 30 minute dog walk and/or play session mid-day
- Administering medications (if not combined with another visit)
- Letting chickens out of coop in morning plus checking food and water supply, or putting them back into coop in the evening
- Feeding and watering horses morning and evening. Putting them into stalls in evening, and letting them out in the morning. Removing manure from stall.
- Feeding and watering cats, birds, guinea pigs and other critters
- Cleaning litter boxes, watering plants, bringing in mail, alternate lights